Modified bitumen is used in road and civil construction for:
- preparation of asphalt-concrete mixtures;
- production of asphalt mastics;
- filling deformation joints on bridges;
- filling cracks on asphalt concrete pavements;
- sealing courts for collection of household and other wastes.
GlobeCore manufactures SBM-15 storage tank for companies in road construction and repair, waterproofing buildings as well as soft roofing. SBM-15 is a heat-insulated tank designed for storage of polymer modified bitumen.
Components of modified bitumen storage tank SBM-15
Modified bitumen storage tank SBM-15 consists of:
- bladed agitator with drive;
- heat-exchanger for keeping the required temperature of bitumen;
- emergency overflow pipeline;
- isolation valves for inflow and outflow (drainage) of bitumen;
- isolation valves for inflow and outflow of heat transfer agent;
- inspection manholes and maintenance ladders;
- control cabinet.
Control cabinet controls such parameters as temperature and bitumen level in tank. If bitumen exceeds the set level a special sensor activates alarm.
Specifications of Modified bitumen storage tank SBM-15
|1||Total storage capacity, m3, min||16|
|2||Operational capacity, m³, min||15,5|
|3||Power voltage, V||380|
|4||AC frequency, Hz||50|
|5||Power consumption, kW||11|
|6||Agitator rotation frequency, rpm||35-40|
|7||Effective surface of heating unit, m².||9|
|8||Heating capacity, l||120|
|9||Heat insulation depth, мм||200|
|10||Dimensions for transport, mm, max:|
|11||Overall dimensions, mm, max:|
|12||Weight, kg, max||4000|
|13||Weight when loaded, kg, max||20000|
|14||Design weight of support block, t||5|
|15||Temperature drop of bitumen when filling a storage tank at ambient temperature 5ºС, per day||1|
Advantages of modified bitumen storage tank SBM-15:
- reduced heat loss due to tank design with cone bottom;
- transportation of 2 storage tanks in one 20 ton semi-trailer truck with interior space dimensions 2,45 m х 2,6 m х 13,6 m;
- shape of roof prevents rain water accumulation;
- overflow pipeline prevents spillage of hot bitumen in emergency situations;
- level monitoring of tank filling with bitumen by membrane pressure sensor;
- bitumen temperature is controlled by two shell cases with temperature sensors inside a tank;
- sensor readings are displayed on control cabinet screen.
At customer’s request GlobeCore experts can develop and produce equipment for bitumen base facilities.