Modified bitumen is used in road and civil construction for:
- preparation of asphalt-concrete mixtures;
- production of asphalt mastics;
- filling deformation joints on bridges;
- filling cracks on asphalt concrete pavements;
- sealing courts for collection of household and other wastes.
manufactures SBM-15 storage tank for companies in road construction and repair, waterproofing buildings as well as soft roofing. SBM-15 is a heat-insulated tank designed for storage of polymer modified bitumen.
Components of modified bitumen storage tank SBM-15
Modified bitumen storage tank SBM-15 consists of:
- bladed agitator with drive;
- heat-exchanger for keeping the required temperature of bitumen;
- emergency overflow pipeline;
- isolation valves for inflow and outflow (drainage) of bitumen;
- isolation valves for inflow and outflow of heat transfer agent;
- inspection manholes and maintenance ladders;
- control cabinet.
Control cabinet controls such parameters as temperature and bitumen level in tank. If bitumen exceeds the set level a special sensor activates alarm.
Specifications of Modified bitumen storage tank SBM-15
||Total storage capacity, m3, min
||Operational capacity, m³, min
||Power voltage, V
||AC frequency, Hz
||Power consumption, kW
||Agitator rotation frequency, rpm
||Effective surface of heating unit, m².
||Heating capacity, l
||Heat insulation depth, мм
||Dimensions for transport, mm, max:
||Overall dimensions, mm, max:
||Weight, kg, max
||Weight when loaded, kg, max
||Design weight of support block, t
||Temperature drop of bitumen when filling a storage tank at ambient temperature 5ºС, per day
Advantages of modified bitumen storage tank SBM-15:
- reduced heat loss due to tank design with cone bottom;
- transportation of 2 storage tanks in one 20 ton semi-trailer truck with interior space dimensions 2,45 m х 2,6 m х 13,6 m;
- shape of roof prevents rain water accumulation;
- overflow pipeline prevents spillage of hot bitumen in emergency situations;
- level monitoring of tank filling with bitumen by membrane pressure sensor;
- bitumen temperature is controlled by two shell cases with temperature sensors inside a tank;
- sensor readings are displayed on control cabinet screen.
At customer’s request GlobeCore
experts can develop and produce equipment for bitumen base facilities.